Your tax-deductable donation of any amount will help us provide delicious food and drink for the hard-working participants, and to offer prizes to the best teams as well as raffled prizes to all participants.
If you'd like to give or pledge a gift to support HackTheHearst, please visit the University's Give to Cal donation site, where a fund has been set up specifically to accept donations to support HackTheHearst:
As a financial sponsor, your support of HackTheHearst will produce dividends well beyond a successful hackathon.
- Researchers, educators, students, members of heritage communities as well as the general public all stand to benefit from the applications created by the HackTheHearst participants.
- The Museum itself will see numerous benefits from a successful hackathon, ranging from the short-term publicity surrounding the event to the longer-term increased visibility and public value offered through the products created during this event.
- The participants in HackTheHearst will benefit from the chance to showcase their skills and be publicly recognized for their talents, as well as having access to mentors and interested sponsors.
- The field of digital humanities will benefit from the cross-disciplinary collaborations that are formed when anthropologists, artists, designers, programmers, visionaries and others come together to discuss, design, build and offer solutions to the unmet needs of our constituents.
- Additionally, and very importantly, you—the sponsor—stand to benefit from brand and name exposure, and access to a passionate and productive group of individuals participating in the event.
Financial support can be offered at a range of levels, each of which is accompanied by a unique package of perks:
|Naming opportunity: "HackTheHearst, sponsored by __[your name]__"|
|A personalized, behind-the-scenes tour of the Museum's collections|
|Invitation to judge apps developed at HackTheHearst|
|Invitation to fill 5 mentorship positions|
|Invitation to fill 2 mentorship positions|
|Invitation to be a mentor at HackTheHearst|
|Prominent logo display in media material|
|Showcased logo and name on all HackTheHearst marketing material|
|Prominent logo display at HackTheHearst events|
|Logo display at HackTheHearst events|
|Showcased logo and name on website|
|Prominent logo display on website|
|Logo display on website|
|10 reserved seats at opening and closing events|
|5 reserved seats at opening and closing events|
|Verbal recognition at the HackTheHearst events|
|Vendor display table at the HackTheHearst events|
If you're interested in learning more about financially supporting the Hearst Museum's HackTheHearst event, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or make a donation via Give to Cal:
In kind support
Gifts in kind are always welcome and are essential to the success of HackTheHearst. These are some of the current areas in which we're seeking gifts in kind or services:
- Prizes for winners and runners-up. These could be physical items (e.g., gadgets, hardware), gift certificates (e.g., Amazon.com, local businesses), or services (e.g., vacation package, private lessons, webhosting);
- Food and drink for opening and closing events—donations could range from a single item (e.g., pizza, bottled water) to full catering;
- Cups, plates, napkins, and utensils;
- Collaborative workspaces (physical and virtual) for use during hackathon;
- Printing services (for posters, postcards, and promotional materials);
- Advertising and marketing;
- Photography and videography services;
- Swag and participant gifts;
- Paper, drawing pads, markers, pencils;
- T-shirts for participants;
- Color-coded lanyards and badge holders;
- Event stickers (for computers, notebooks, etc.)
- Items to be raffled off to participants
If you're interested in learning more about offer a gift in kind to support the Hearst Museum's HackTheHearst event, please contact us at email@example.com.